An Asian sweet shop in Reading has been hit with a huge fine after serious failings were found with its food hygiene.
Council promises to investigate after stall holder was unable to tell woman with severe nut allergy if waffle was nut-free
A shopper who suffers from a severe nut allergy was left appalled after trying to buy a Belgian waffle at the city centre Christmas market and learning staff had no idea what was in the food.
Council chiefs say they will now investigate the matter, confirming that legislation drawn up to protect customers, meant all firms who sold food had to be able to show what was in their wares.
Lindo Wing where Kate Middleton gave birth to all her children is deemed in need of food hygiene improvement after being given a two out of five rating
The Lindo Wing is a maternity ward at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington
It has had a number of high-profile royals and celebrities such as Kate Middleton
The most inspection carried out by Westminster Council has given the ward two stars out of a possible five and said 'improvement necessary'
Pictures taken inside a Chinese restaurant with a zero hygiene rating reveal why health inspectors closed it as an ’emergency’ after just one visit.
Environmental health officers were met with ‘disgusting levels’ of filth, dirt, mouldy food and ‘widespread evidence of a mouse infestation’ when they visited Hot Wok in central Middlesbrough last November.
As a result, they were left with no option but to immediately close it.
Three partners in a Penrith restaurant have been ordered to pay £3000 in costs after serving a 14 year old customer suffering from a peanut allergy a meal containing peanut protein.
As a Data Controller and Processor, Saferfood.co.uk Ltd is committed to protecting and
respecting the security and integrity of your personal data in line with GDPR (General
Data Protection Regulation). We collect information only which we can justify as
reasonable and justifiable for the provision and communication of Saferfood.co.uk Ltd
An "out-of-control infestation" of mice has led to a Croydon Poundworld being fined more than £1 million.
A Somerset pub has closed its kitchen and won’t reopen until “it is safe to do so” following a spate of illnesses among diners.
The Old Farmhouse in Nailsea, north Somerset, which is operated by Hall & Woodhouse, will keep its kitchen shut while investigations from North Somerset Council and Public Health England (PHE) continue.