Scare over peanut allergy risk at Christmas Market waffle stall

Scare over peanut allergy risk at Christmas Market waffle stall

Council promises to investigate after stall holder was unable to tell woman with severe nut allergy if waffle was nut-free

A shopper who suffers from a severe nut allergy was left appalled after trying to buy a Belgian waffle at the city centre Christmas market and learning staff had no idea what was in the food.

Council chiefs say they will now investigate the matter, confirming that legislation drawn up to protect customers, meant all firms who sold food had to be able to show what was in their wares.

Lindo Wing where Kate Middleton gave birth to all her children is deemed in need of food hygiene improvement

Lindo Wing where Kate Middleton gave birth to all her children is deemed in need of food hygiene improvement

Lindo Wing where Kate Middleton gave birth to all her children is deemed in need of food hygiene improvement after being given a two out of five rating

The Lindo Wing is a maternity ward at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington

It has had a number of high-profile royals and celebrities such as Kate Middleton

The most inspection carried out by Westminster Council has given the ward two stars out of a possible five and said 'improvement necessary'

Safety 'clearly disregarded' as dead mouse was found at Clough Manor

Safety 'clearly disregarded' as dead mouse was found at Clough Manor

A dead mouse was found in a food storage area at a hotel, a court heard.

Environmental Health officers made the discovery during a routine food hygiene inspection at Clough Manor, Rochdale Road in Denshaw.

Inside disgusting Chinese restaurant that was closed as an ’emergency’ for public health

Inside disgusting Chinese restaurant that was closed as an ’emergency’ for public health

Pictures taken inside a Chinese restaurant with a zero hygiene rating reveal why health inspectors closed it as an ’emergency’ after just one visit.

Environmental health officers were met with ‘disgusting levels’ of filth, dirt, mouldy food and ‘widespread evidence of a mouse infestation’ when they visited Hot Wok in central Middlesbrough last November.

As a result, they were left with no option but to immediately close it.

Coffee shop fined after making life-threatening blunder over selling 'nut free' cookies in Milton Keynes

Coffee shop fined after making life-threatening blunder over selling 'nut free' cookies in Milton Keynes

Supplying 'nut free' cookies that actually contained pecan nuts has cost a coffee shop in Newport Pagnell a total of £9,970 in fines.

Pret a Manger and BA face questions over girl’s allergy death on plane

Pret a Manger and BA face questions over girl’s allergy death on plane

Inquest into death of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse will focus on food packaging ‘loophole’ and cabin crew’s training

Cockroach infestation closes another popular Mill Road takeaway, Cambridge

Cockroach infestation closes another popular Mill Road takeaway, Cambridge

Cambridge City Council has closed a second Mill Road takeaway, and is in the process of investigating a third, after a cockroach infestation was discovered in a shared building.